Our Self-drying Soap Dish is made of Diatomite (fossilized algae), a 100% renewable and plant-based material. It’s water-absorbent and quick-drying which makes it ideal for places where water can accumulate without frequent clean-up.
To pair with our solid dish soap bars, which have been widely loved in the zero waste living community, we spent months finding a material that is both safe and effective. The soap tray’s finish is similar to concrete but has draining holes and pathways to ensure soap and shampoo bars stay dry and your countertops and ledges clean from soap residue.
- water-absorbent and quick-drying: small volume of water evaporates instantly from the dish
- water-draining: excess water runs through holes and tracks to sink
- durable & safe: diatomite is an eco-friendly, safe, & renewable material
- place soap on top of soap dish with the exiting pathways facing the sink for water to run through
- to prevent mold, place in a ventilated place and wipe to dry at times
- to remove stain, lightly sand it with sandpaper
- do not hit or drop
- avoid brushing or sanding when wet
- repurpose the dish tray for gardening, crafts, and other creative projects
- check city’s waste management info before disposal. if unsure, always consider composting in backyard over throwing into the garbage